One interesting aspect I would like to share from my class is five of the "Ten Warning Signs of Wellness:
- Episodic outbreaks of joyful, happy experiences
- A tendency to identify and communicate feelings
- The persistent presence of a support network
- Chronic positive expectations; the tendency to frame events in a constructive light
- An increased appetite for physical activity" (Insel & Roth, 2004, pp. 3)
And now for my 'Top Five Warning Signs of a Well GLBT Individual':
- Episodic bursts of jumping up and down to YMCA
- Non-stop talking about how one is sooooooo upset because so and so hurt their feelings, can you believe it?
- The presence of 'Queer as Folk' and 'The L-word' parties for GLBT network and support
- Flaming events under stage lights, beauty pagent positive expectations of being crowned
- An increased appetite for physical activity, baby!
Ok, I was just having a little fun. Come up with a better list. ;0)
Insel & Roth (2004). Core Concepts in Health. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., New York, NY, 10020.